[mythtv-users] Editing .asoundrc for Xine 5.1 passthru with SB Live!

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Thu Mar 31 02:06:43 UTC 2005

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting their SB Live! Card
to play a DD5.1 soundtrack via Xine using the 'Pass Thru' setting in the
setup menu? Whenever I select this option, I only get garbled sound output.
I'm assuming it is because I am using a very basic .asoundrc file that isn't
configured properly. Has anyone tried to use Jarod's updated file
(http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/asoundrc.txt) that he made for his Audigy with a
standard SB Live! card? Any tips would definitely be apprechiated. If it
matters, I believe I am using ALSA 1.06.

Nate Thompson