[mythtv-users] problems with PVR 350 after upgrade to .17

Sdk sdkovacs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 04:34:23 UTC 2005

I have searched the mailing lists, but have been unable to come upon a
definitive answer for the problem I am experiencing. I am now running
.17 on FC2 with a PVR-350. After the upgrade (which went flawlessly
through apt-get) I rebooted the machine, figuring it was easier to
just issue 1 command (shutdown -r now) rather than kill mythbackend,
frontend, etc.

Anyhow, I started watching TV and it was choppy with artifacts. I am running:

Mar 30 22:46:47 localhost kernel: ivtv: ==================== START
INIT IVTV ====================
Mar 30 22:46:47 localhost kernel: ivtv: version 0.1.10
(0.1.10-48.3_pre2_ck100zz.rhfc2.at) loading
Mar 30 22:46:47 localhost kernel: ivtv: Linux version: 2.6.8-1.521 686
REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-3.3

Do I need to upgrade my IVTV version? If so, what are the package
names I should be referencing from apt-get? Anyone have experience
with this problem? If you just want to link to another previous thread
for me, that would be great too. I just need a swift kick in the butt
towards the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Kovacs