[mythtv-users] Fw: LIRC is killing me!!!

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 07:09:33 UTC 2005

J. Scott wrote:

>Here are the steps I took, for the benefit of others...
>
>1. I removed all of the lirc references from my modprobe.conf file
>2. I edited one line in /etc/init.d/lircd (approximately the 10th line)
>
>I replaced the line:
>   daemon lircd $LIRCD_OPTIONS
>
>With:
>   daemon lircd --driver=mp3anywhere --device=/dev/ttyS0

Just for reference, the officially correct way to do this is:-

    * Edit /etc/sysconfig/lircd
    * Change the line
      LIRCD_OPTIONS=
      to read
      LIRCD_OPTIONS="--driver=mp3anywhere --device=/dev/ttyS0"

If you do things this way, the next package upgrade won't overwrite your
modifications - there is a definite separation between config files and
non-config files on rpm based systems.

You find that the options are in /etc/sysconfig/lircd by reading the
init file - near the top is the line
[ -f /etc/sysconfig/lircd ] && . /etc/sysconfig/lircd

    Nigel.