[mythtv-users] settop box with peritel output

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:53:16 UTC 2005

Bonjour,

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:09:23 +0200, Philippe Bégou <pbegou at tele2.fr> wrote:
> Jakob,
>
> The cabling seems OK, although it might be done in a different way (I
> use a [S-video+ 1 audio jack] to SCART cable purchased at Carrefour to
> connect my VHS recorder to my Hauppauge PVR 350 video acquisition card.
> Because the SCART plug is directional, I had to exchange input and
> output pins)

so would you say, S-video + 1 audio is to be preferred over the cabling shown?

> However a great function of myth is the ability to program recordings
> directly from the TV guide. How do you intend to do this with the freebox ?

honestly, I don't know yet.  I will mainly use my mythbox to watch
dvb-s, and the freebox tv is just an added bonus.  although, it has
been pointed out to me that I'll have a problem changing channels if
the freebox is not near the tv.  well, an IR blaster may be a solution
to this problem.

how do you use your myth box?

--
cheers,