[mythtv-users] MythMusic and only 2 audio channels - no surround?

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:12:58 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I have a surround setup, and I really enjoy that for TV and MythVideo.
But MythMusic also plays music in all 5 speakers, and I'd like for
MythMusic to just use 2 stereo speakers.

I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy2 and Alsa.

If I have to choose, I'd rather have TV and Music both use 2 speakers
than they both use 5, but I'd prefer TV to continue to use 5 speakers
while Music uses 2.

I use Xine for MythVideo, and the sound setup for Xine is separate from
myth altogether so I suspect any settings will be local to MythTV and
MythMusic.

Anybody succeeded doing this that? How?

Peter
--