[mythtv-users] Re: DVB summer time

Jit V jit_v1 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:38:05 UTC 2005

>>I'm using the on-air dvb stuff that is built into mythtv 0.17,
>>rather than the tv_grab_dvb utility.

>How does this work and how do I use it?!

When you view the details of a particular channel in mythsetup, there should
be a checkbox that says something like 'use on-air guide'. Just make sure
that it's enabled - you also need to make sure that the setting for 'use dvb
card on demand' is set to off - i.e. the backend always has access to the
dvb card.

You might have to restart the backend now. Then it's just a case of waiting
- within five mins or so, you're guide data will just magically appear. No
need to run mythfilldatabase etc - so take it out of the mythfrontend
configuration or any cronjobs that you might have setup.