[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Mar 31 16:05:57 UTC 2005

>>> "Michael Haan" <michael.haan at gmail.com> 03/21/05 11:57 AM >>>
> Really?  Is there any confirm (or reasonably imply) that this is
> true before I go buy another keyboard (not that $29 is over the
> top, just don't need extra keyboards laying around)?

Replying to a fairly old thread, but here's what I've determined.

I purchased the AirBoard wireless keyboard - just like this one:

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/keyboard/sk7100.asp

It's model SK-7100.  I have 4 learning, programmable remotes:

1 Onkyo, 1 MX-500, 1 MX-700 and 1 RS-2116.

Each one of them learned everything I could throw at it with
this keyboard.  I even found out by accident when my mythfrontend
core dumped (or seg faulted, can't remember which), that if
I have a command line session open and the focus went to
that window (it happened three times last night to me), I could
even hit the up arrow on each of them (until my mythfrontend
script came up in the history), hit the enter or select button,
I could just restart mythfrontend.  I've since put in a cronjob
to restart if it crashes, but I accidentally discovered this, so I'm
reporting it.

No LIRC.  Just a keyboard/mount wireless interface.  Everything
even works when going through a Xantech IR repeater.
No extra IR stuf, no extra cables.

The $29 was money well spent.  I spent last night and this morning
teaching my wife and daughters about the new functionality, and
they picked up on it in about 2 minutes.  FAF has skyrocketed.
No more keyboard to use except by geeky dad.

Paul