[mythtv-users] Watching regular DVD's on MythTV

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:58:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:13:13 -0600, Jason Werpy <jwwerpy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there are a bunch of people on this list just going around
> trying to pick a fight.  What the hell.
>
> This list has been useful to me in the past.  Specifically, Donavan,
> you've given me good advice here before, but the other people in this
> thread just seem to be picking a fight, and it baffles me as to why.
>
> When I first read the initial post, I thought.  Xine, thats what this
> guy needs.  Of course, the first response here said that, so I just
> went along about my business.  I had no idea that he was referring to
> DeCSS, but others apparently did, so good for them.

You and I thought the same thing.  And I'd be 100% behind "leave the
guy" alone idea, had he not lobbed the first flame.  That being said,
flame wars are silly (even though I've been in/started a few).  My
last post was more of a "I smell a troll" then anything else.

Maybe this can be taken as a life lesson?  "Don't poke a stick into a
hornets nest."