[mythtv-users] [OT] Couple of Pundit-R Q's

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 1 06:14:03 UTC 2005

> Also does anyone know if the integrated NIC supports PXE, or if it can
> boot from the built-in CF reader?  I'm not having any luck googling
> for an answer to either of these.  If neither is possible I will just
> add a PXE NIC or maybe CF>IDE for booting.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Joel

Joel,

As a Pundit-R user myself I've done some reading about its various
capabilities, and I think the answer to both of these questions is NO:

i) the NIC does not support PXE
ii) the ENE cardreader is still not supported under Linux AFAICT, and
as it is PCI-based does not support booting anyhow. I think you'd need
a CF to IDE adapter to enable booting of the CF card.

I've not seen problems with the DVI output (however not tested under
Linux myself) but getting the TV-Out working is a right PITA still ...

You may want to also consider looking at EPIA based frontends -
smaller than the Pundit-R and ideal as a frontend if the backend is
elsewhere.

Nick