[mythtv-users] ALSA only

Chris Picton chrisp at tangent.co.za
Mon May 2 07:26:07 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:

>On 5/1/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Chris,
>>   Someone told me something about this a few weeks ago. This is from
>>memory. Try something like
>>
>>ALSA:default
>>

>ALSA:hw:0,0
>
>(note the colon between 'hw' and '0,0') This would normally direct
>sound to the first device of the first sound card. You can also use:
>
>aplay -l

Thanks.  However I need to use this for recording, not playback.  I
already have ALSA:default in my playback device, and can play previously
recorded shows fine.  It is the recoring which is not working.

Under the capture card setup, I only have an option of '(None)' for the
audio device.  If I change this, it always reverts to '(None)' when I go
back to the screen, and audio recording does not work.

Any ideas?

Chris