[mythtv-users] soundcard test

Tony Rein trein at one.net
Tue May 3 11:43:31 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 06:17 am, iwan wrote:
> ?
> Hi,
>
> I am busy setting up MythTV and using this guide:
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
>
> I am at the point of configuring the drivers for the soundcard.
>
> I have a soundcard and during my instalation of FC3 the installation
> allowed me to test the sound ...and that worked fine. Does this mean my
> souncard is ready?
> Or do I still need additional drivers?
>
> I am also looking for the command that can show me what soundcard I have
> and what the driver is that is used. Can someone post that?
>
> Iwan
Try this:

lspci -v | less

This will list lots of information about all the pci devices in your computer,
which should include the sound card.  The "| less" part of the command pipes
the output through "less," which will let you view it one page at a time,
scroll up and down, etc. Look for anything that says "audio."

Try this also:

lsmod | less

This will list all the loaded modules, which should include your sound driver.

Tony