[mythtv-users] Xbox Versions

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:04:06 UTC 2005

Calvin,

Please visit
http://www.xbox-linux.org/

There is FAQ which discusses about various xbox version numbers. I
think anything older box (pre 2003) is required. And version 1.6 is a
no-no. It also tells how to do a software mod and a hardware mod.

I am thinking to get xbox as frontend. I also found that the haupagge
(sp?) media MVP also has good potential for a front end. Though its
limited by its memory (16mb). It has h/w mpeg decoder and a nice
remote. Visit http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main for more
information. I just bought it, but still struggling to get my backend
running (HDTV card was little flaky, getting a replacement soon).

Thanks
Mudit