[mythtv-users] No signal on TV with Audio Authority

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Wed May 4 17:58:39 UTC 2005

	Recently, I purchased a Toshiba 46H84 HDTV (which, according to
the manual, supports 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i). Now, naturally, I
want to get MythTV to work through my VGA port using a Audio Authority
9A60 box.

	However, I am not having any success with it. Here are some
more details: I am have the Chaintech 7NIf2 motherboard, which has a
nVidia GeForce4 MX440 onboard. The MB has a VGA and a SVIDEO output on
the back. Up to now, I have been using the SVIDEO output but now both
are connected - the VGA because I am working on it, and the SVIDEO
because the VGA currently does not work.

	The VGA port is connected to the Audio Authority box and the
box is connected to the component input of the TV.

	As a start, I tried using xorg.conf-HD.txt from Jarod's guide
but that did not work, so I started searching the archives and the web
for clues and help.

	I found numerous modelines that seemed to be right or that
worked for people with similar TVs but none of the work for me. The
result is that the TV shows nothing but a black screen. There isn't
anything displayed even during the BIOS.

	I tied some of the modelines on a PC monitor and they worked
fine from what I can tell but I am aware that PC monitor are much more
forgiving.

	Now, I bought the Audio Authority box on eBay and I am not
entirely sure that it actually work. Is there any way that I make sure
that the box is sending any signal to the TV?

	I would appreciate any help that you guys might be able to
offer!! I have a pcHDTV3000 on the way and I would really like to be
able to make use of it!!!

	Thanx in advance.

--
Mitko Haralanov