[mythtv-users] Re: XvMC Bad Alloc:11

Jonathan Watmough jonathan.watmough at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:06:50 UTC 2005

>From the NVidia readme:

libXvMCNVIDIA observes the XVMC_DEBUG environment variable and will
provide some debug output to stderr when set to an appropriate integer
value.  '0' disables debug output.  '1' enables debug output for failure
conditions.  '2' or higher enables output of warning messages.

        Option "NoFlip" "boolean"
                Disable OpenGL flipping; please see Appendix M for
                a description.  Default: OpenGL will swap by flipping
                when possible.

I think this may use less memory - I had to do something similar on my
cirrus laptop display to get the xcompmgr stuff working.

Also, you may want to try a 16 color mode, rather than 24 or 32

Hope this migt help a little
Jonathan