[mythtv-users] Xbox Versions

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:20:54 UTC 2005

Calvin,
   As a follow up to this morning's email here's where I am now.
Apparently I was making more progress than I had thought. The Cromwell
BIOs was written correctly (unfortuantely in both halves of my DuoX2
through error of my own after a long day) but the Sorceforge version
of Cromwell doesn't support my version of the XBox. The good news is
that there is a test version for 1.6(b) versions. I have written David
Pye requesting a copy as per this page:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/Version_1.6_Warning

I had read this page but discounted it since I wasn't intending on
doing the MechAssult stuff. In my case it's the stuff at the bottom
that matters but since there's no way to know you have a 1.6(b) box
without taking it apart I didn't know this effected me.

   I am hopeful that this will allow me to move forward and do the
Gentoo-xbox install once Cromwell is up and running. I'll write back
about what happens, hopefully in the next few days.

Cheers,
Mark