[mythtv-users] strange scheduling decisions

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 5 02:03:37 UTC 2005

Peter Lee wrote:

> Yeah, I wonder if maybe there was a 24-hour long program scheduled for
> Wednesday, but this doesn't seem to be the case.  Anyway, here is the
> output from "mythbackend --printsched".

Okay, you do have two sourceids. Card 1 input 1 is associated with
source 1 and card 2 input 2 is associated with source 2. Is this
intentional? Are they really receiving different sets of channels
like one is a digital cable box and the other is analog? Or, did
you not know that you could/should use the same source if the
station are from the same provider? It looks like you have channels
over 100 on both and the same stations are on the same channels.
If so, run mythtv-setup again and change the source for the
second card's input to be the same as the first. As it is, you
are probably pulling the same data twice each night. and it
failed to fill the data for one of them.

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

mysql> select count(*) from program where starttime > '20050504'
and starttime < '20050506' and chanid < 2000;

mysql> select count(*) from program where starttime > '20050504'
and starttime < '20050506' and chanid > 2000;

I suspect the first one will return pretty much zero and the
second thousands.

Manually run "mythfilldatabase --refresh-today". The sooner the
better =).

--  bjm