[mythtv-users] strange scheduling decisions

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 5 03:35:46 UTC 2005

Peter Lee wrote:

> But...I'm very confused.  I do indeed have two different sources.
> Card 1 is on digital cable and card 2 is on analog cable.  (I.e., I
> have only one digital cable box.)  So, card 1 is on the digital cable
> source and card 2 is on the analog cable source.  The channels are as
> they were provided by zap2it (and they appear to be correct because I
> do in fact get correct recordings on both sources).

Then you have it set up correctly. I was mistaken. I thought
I saw channels over 100 on card 2 but that was incorrect.

> Anyway, unless I really do not understand how this works (which is
> definitely possible), I think each card should have a different
> source, right?

Right.

> When I run:
>

>>$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>>
>>mysql> select count(*) from program where starttime > '20050504'
>>and starttime < '20050506' and chanid < 2000;
>

> I get:
>
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |     3815 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (7.82 sec)

That's surprising. There may have been some other error in the
data that cause the system to believe that it could not use the
data for source 1 for that day.

> Wow, thanks for the help.  I still don't know what happened, but it is
> fixed now.  Is it possible that mythtv's status message could report
> that the mythfilldatabase succeeded when it actually did not?

Well, it did get 3487 entries for that day but apparently the
data was incorrect in some way so that it could not be used.
Never heard of a problem like this before. I'd chalk it up as
an anomaly unless it happens again.

--  bjm