[mythtv-users] Language? Listings? and Buttons?

Scott S. scott at web-ster.com
Thu May 5 06:44:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

    I have 3 issues with my MythTV box right now and I think they all
started around daylight savings time, but that's most likely a coincidence.

Here are the issues:

    1. I upgraded the MythTV 0.18 and somehow my language changed, I'm
not sure what the language is, but it's not English. Anyone know how to
get it back to English?

    2. The problem I was trying to fix when I upgraded to 0.18 was that
my listings seem to be off about at least an hour, I'm guessing it might
be just an hour but I'm not really sure, still trying to track that
down. My time on my box is correct and I have the correct timezone
settings, not sure why it's off. Anyone run across this?

    3. The buttons on my MythTV box seem to have issues. The Next button
in particular if I am on it and press space or enter it presses the
button in but doesn't go to the next screen it just sits there. If I am
on another box that isn't a button and press enter then it will go on to
the next screen. The only issue with this is the exit screen that asks
if you want to exit mythfrontend both of those buttons don't either take
you back to mythfrontend or escape out of that window if you chose no
they just sit there. The escape button does work on that screen though.

There's my issues, now here's my set up. I'm running Fedora Core 3 and
keeping it up to date. The frontend and the backend are run on the same
machine. It's a yum install of myth from atrpms which is what I used on
0.17 which was working fine until the listings got about an hour off or
so. If anyone has some work arounds or knows how to fix any of these
problems I would be very grateful to have that info.

Thank You,

Scott