[mythtv-users] xine causes mythtv menu selections to disappear

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 5 21:24:08 UTC 2005

Paul Fielding wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- > This is alledgedly fixed in current
> Xine CVS. My cheap and nasty
>
>> 'solution' to this issue is to set DVDPlayerCommand to:
>>
>> xterm  -e xine --no-splash -V xv -pfh
>> --post=eq2:gamma=1.6,brightness=-.05\;tvtime:method=Greedy,enabled=1,pulldown=none,framerate_mode=half_top,judder_correction=1,use_progressive_frame_flag=1,chroma_filter=1,cheap_mode=0
>>  > dvd://
>
> Well, it's cheap and dirty, but it works... :)  running out of an
> xterm window fixed the problem for me.... :)  Thanks!

Speaking of cheap and dirty...  You can also just "wiggle" the mouse
after watching a video.  I wrote a quick little script that does the
wiggling for me...  And with this method, there's no xterm window
popping up on your desktop.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722

If you use the script, just put " ; /path/to/movemouse" at the end of
your player command (to run movemouse when the player exits).  The
little script I mentioned (and tried using for a while) has problems
with some command line arguments--especially with spaces in
filenames--so don't use it...

Mike