[mythtv-users] Audio incoming and outgoing

karsten karsten at jeppesens.com
Thu May 5 23:12:21 UTC 2005

Related to my problems with Myth and Alsa:

Does MythTv require that audio is captured on the same logical device
which is later used to output it?
Reason is that I have sound from MythMusic, but not the live video.
I have a Hauppauge WinTv 401 which includes audio capture.
So Myth should capture from one device and output to another, but I am
not certain that this is possible judging from the setup page. unless
the setup page only deals with the sound capture. As I said - I am not
certain.

The bonus question is: when using Alsa am I then supposed to use the
asoundrc to generate a logical device composed of the Wintv and the
onboard VIA soundcard?

Karsten