[mythtv-users] skip commercial in Au /ACT

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri May 6 04:06:23 UTC 2005

> Has anyone in ACT been able to skip commercials when recording shows?
> I have the skip commercials switch turned on, but all my recordings include
> commercials.

I'm in Sydney using 0.18 wth the "ALL" detection settings and it works great.

Does it put up a sign that says something about commercials detected
on the screen just before an ad break? If so it's working and you need
to press the "Skip Ads" button (or whatever it's called) on the
remote.

If not, perhaps the channel's set up in Mythtv Steup as not having ads.

Or, make sure when you set the recording options that it's selected to
do ad detection.

Regards,
Phill