[mythtv-users] Decent, Inexpensive Video Card? (Yes, I did search)

Galen galen at myhome.net
Sat May 7 18:24:15 UTC 2005

It sounds to me like the fx5200 is more than sufficient, and it
sounds like in general, DVI and TV out works properly. The fanless
part is a really nice feature, as the less heat and noise generated
in my machine, the happier I am - and less issues with cooling. The
cost is just great as well.

So now, the question:

Can anybody find reasons why I *would not* want the fx5200 for an
HDTV-based MythTV box? I am not planning to do anything major with
this box except play 720p and 1080i HDTV streams, and perhaps some
transcoded MPEG-4 versions thereof.

Thoughts?

-Galen