[mythtv-users] Have PVR350 Output working - final few questions...

John MythTV at telus.net
Mon May 9 04:33:52 UTC 2005

The Live TV quality is incredible, but there are a few things to tweak.

The picture looks like it is a bit too large for the screen
(overscanned) to the point where I cannot see the checkboxes on the
setup screens. Do I try to underscan it the same way as with NVidia
drivers, or how do I do this?

I've read that to get the live TV audio to work the same as other parts
of Myth (Myth Video and Recorded shows), you should loop the PVR350
audio output into the Line in on the sound card. Where do you get the
350's audio out? I see an audio input on the 350. Or do you take the
stereo connectors and combine into a mini-stereo plug?

And I just noticed the quality of recorded shows isn't very good. Looks
splotchy and overcompressed. It did not look that way when I was using
the Monitor output. Is there something left to tweak with the frame
buffer? I guess with the live TV looking so good, the recorded programs
are a bit of a letdown.

That's enough for now, thanks in advance for anyone's help.

John