[mythtv-users] Same channel in different sources, always record from lowest numbered channel?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:35:46 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Victor Perez <spectro at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have ESPN on channel 33 (Cable) and channel 140 (Dish Network). If I
> set a recording from channel 140 It always activates another tuner
> card on channel 33 instead, even if I am watching channel 140 in live
> tv and hit record.
>
> Any way to force Mythtv to record from channel 140 without removing
> channel 33 from the lineup?

You can set priority for your capture cards and channels, which should
help here. Also (at least in 0.16) there is an option to reduce
conflicts between recordings and live tv which could be throwing up
the problems you are having, especially if you are watching on the
channel/tuner you are wanting to record from. It is likely to try and
record the channel on another capture card if you ware watching on a
particular tuner and have this option enabled.

Nick