[mythtv-users] MythTV and EM8300

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon May 9 17:50:29 UTC 2005

> > you enable it would not be used.
>
> It may be possible to use the Hollywood+ card as a regular X display

 As far as I know there are no X drivers for displaying X on the TV out of this card (VGA pass through is not the same as outputting to the TV) except for some experimental stuff I wrote a while back which never got finished.

> (without acceleration) for a myth system (as is currently the case
> with the PVR350). It is highly likely though you may get accelerated

 You could certainly get Xine or Mplayer to use the EM8300 based cards for
display. At one point I had a modified myth running that would use the em8300
for playback only (not menus or X) on an old p166 I was using as a diskless
frontend. I started working on displaying X on it when I got an MediaMVP which
I now use to replace that frontend.