[mythtv-users] computer clock drifting

Jonathan Link jonathan.link at gmail.com
Mon May 9 22:49:03 UTC 2005

FWIW, I am running FC2, and have had issues with ntpd not actually
doing anything except on startup or restarting of the service.  I'm
not actually interested enough in it to figure it out, so I added a
script to /etc/cron.hourly which synchs to a time server, and removed
the ntpd service.  Looks like the following, make sure you put in your
ntp server of choice!

#/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/ntpdate -u yourntpserverofchoice.com

Put that into a file in the /etc/cron.hourly folder, and set it to
execute priveleges.  (I don't remember how I set it to execute,
because I don't do the command often enough).

-Jonathan