[mythtv-users] mythbackend Crash

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Tue May 10 13:44:19 UTC 2005

Using v0.18 on FC3 (using the Axel RPMs).  The backend crashed while running its
nightly mythfilldatabase job.  This is the second time the backend has crashed
out on me since I installed (3 days ago).  The first time it crashed was when I
was setting a recording via MythWeb after moving MythWeb to a remote web server
(on the LAN).  I couldn't reproduce the first crash and MythWeb has worked fine
since.  mythfilldatabase has ran fine the previous 3 nights without crashing the
backend so I don't see any repeatable process here either.  Looking at the
backend log for the mythfilldatabase job, everything looks normal and I don't
see any error messages other than an 'unknown socket' message right before it
crashed, but then as I look through the log I see that message pop up in many
places.  There's nothing is /var/log/messages either.  Anyone else seeing these
issues?

Ironically, I've had zero issues with recording, commercial flagging, watching
live or recorded shows, etc. - the type of CPU intensive processes that one
might expect to cause problems, if there were going to be any.

Help appreciated,

Derek