[mythtv-users] Palm video from mythtv nuv -> TCPMP

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue May 10 18:28:39 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> scunacc wrote:
>
>> Has anyone a suggestion for converting a .nuv file to use with the Core
>> Pocket Media Player on a Palm?
>>
>> I've played with various conversion programs but can't get the audio
>> sync'ed back up with the video if I extract with avidemux2 for example
>> and recombine with mplex.
>>

> I'm assuming you're using a PVR-x50.  If so, see:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/128948#128948 ,
> specifically Nick's suggestion (ProjectX).
>
>> Command line programs would be fine (preferred).
>>

> Unfortunately no one has been able to find a "traditional" command-line
> *nix application that will fix the sync to account for changing A/V sync
> within the IvyTV recordings (or, at least, if they have found one, they
> haven't told anyone on the IvyTV list :).  From my experience, the

Yes they have...

<quote>
So now onto how to do this in command line: It turns
out ProjectX has a CLI (command line interface).  It's
a little tricky to figure out, but this now works
great for me:

java -jar <compiled_projectX_file> -c
<projectX_ini_file> -n <output_stream_basename> -o
<dir_to_put_streams> <input_nuv_file>

The "X.ini" file that it needs was, for me, in the
original src directory where I compiled ProjectX.  A
couple of notes: first, it apparently requires you to
run it as GUI at least the first time so that you can
click on "accept" for the license agreement.  (It's
GPLed but author expressly forbids commercial use???
WTF?)  Also, when I ssh'ed into my box without "-X",
projectX failed to start, apparently because it needs
to feel like it's accessing an X server even when it
isn't going to use one.  (Go figure.)  So if you don't
have an X display defined it may not work from the
command line.
</quote>

I haven't tried the command-line yet, but I did a Project X demux, a
remux (mplex), dvd prep (dvdauthor) and burn to DVD and it worked great!

Tom