[mythtv-users] PVR-500 only got statics

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:53:26 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Brian Meehan <emt244671 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xiao,
>
> I had to roll back to Axel's 2.6.10 kernel, as the 2.6.11 kernel
> didn't have the appropriate tuner modules. I also found that the
> msp3400 gave me bad sound, so I removed that. In the end, I just had
> the lines that Jarod's guide suggests:
>
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
> alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv  <-- not sure if I took this one out or not.
> options cx25840 no_black_magic=1
> alias tuner tuner-ivtv

Thank all for your help.

What I've found out is that

1. ivtv related packages doesn't work for me when I tried.  I'm
running 2.6.10-1.770 stock kernel from FC3 and the machine hangs when
I issue modprobe ivtv.
2. so I compiled my own ivtv modules.
3. it seems when I installed the latest ivtv (0.3.4f), it removed the
modules tuner msp3400 and tveeprom from the kernel and installed it's
own.  so by doing "alias tuner tuner-ivtv" there was no effect.
4. unfortunately I have another set of above mentioned modules from my
pcHDTV-3000 driver.
5. I had to move the modules from pcHDTV-3000 driver to *.ko.bak and
do a "depmod -ae"

In summary, now my PVR-500 works perfectly, with my pcHDTV-3000.

Xiaotian