[mythtv-users] Scary times ahead

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Wed May 11 21:25:48 UTC 2005

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> to drop my 2 cents in, just use something like nano or pico.
> Intuitive, straightforward and perfect for the ssh session.

what's nano?  is that the editor all the gentoo docs use?  i know it was
something i'd never used before that reminded me of pico, but not sure
what it was called...

> There really is NO REASON to need to know emacs or vi to use myth.  None!

yah, but it's good to know, since i think nearly every distro and *nix
flavor (incl OS X) has VI or Vim installed by default ;)  and if you
think about it, it's not really any harder to use than notepad.exe, it's
just that we've all been trained from the early days of home computing
to remember all those Ctrl+[x] keys .. in vi, it's just a different set
of keys to remember :p

-g-