[mythtv-users] lcd experience

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:00:42 UTC 2005

Sorry if it's a little late but I'm going through the backlog I have
and I noticed you didn't get much in the way of answers. Mythtv
interfaces with lcdproc http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/ which supports
most LCD/VFD displays in any arrangement. The one I have is a 4x20 but
you can use any size and it will scroll back and forth. Mythtv only
uses 2 lines anyway so you should be good. Mythtv lets you configure
what is displayed on the screen and I often use it to navigate to
mythmusic without turning on my TV.
-Chris

On 4/11/05, Martin Ebner <martinebner at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to integrate an LCD module on my VIA EPIA frontend machine to
> be able to listen to music without the need of my TV.
>
> Since i have not a lot of place (~90x40 mm), i would like to know if
> mythtv is able to handle 2 line displays and what will be shown there.
>
> Is it able to navigate through the menu with a single line display?
>
> Any comments and experiences?
>
> Martin

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi