[mythtv-users] Re: Slave backend setup

Reggie Braswell reggman at gmail.com
Fri May 13 19:03:21 UTC 2005

Got the slave up and going. Says it connected successfully to the
master server. Now I'm confused. Do I have to go back into the master
and set it up to recognize the slaves tuner? I go into
information/status/tuners and I see the one for my master, but nothing
else. Is this all transparent to my frontend? i.e. If I try to record
a show and have 1 tuner in the master and 1 tuner in the slave it will
start recording on the tuner of choice and still allow me to change
channels on the unused tuner? Sorry if I have been a pest to the list
lately. Just trying my best to extend my capabilities and I can't
really wrap my mind around this distributed myth concept. Thanks Regg