[mythtv-users] Re: Setting brightness and contrast by card

Ed Clark eaclark at mchsi.com
Sat May 14 14:42:36 UTC 2005

Hello all,

First, as this is my first time posting to the MythTV community,
thanks for a _great_ program!

Now for my problem.

I've got a single source (cable) that I'm splitting to two tuner
cards that are not the same type (one bt878 and one cx88).  I
need to adjust the contrast, hue, etc differently for the two
cards.

I was able to do this by defining two separate "sources" (one per
card), and adjusting the values as needed.

But, when I did this, the channel guide shows each channel twice.
This would make sense if I really had two sources, but I don't.
Likewise, the mythfilldatabase command is doing double the work to
get the same data twice (and putting undo load on the generously
provided zap2it server).

Looking at the Myth database, I see that the contrast, hue, colour,
and brightness values are kept in the "channel" table.  My above
"two sources" trick works because this table has a "sourceid"
column which allows me to store the fine tuning of each card
independently based on "source".

But, I believe having multiple sources is cause my "double channel
vision" problem.  (Which will soon be a triple vision problem as
I'd like to add a third card.)

Searching this mailing list archive didn't show me a way around the
problem.  Is there one?

Would it be possible to add a "cardid" column to the channel table
to allow for a per card?  Is it a small amount of work?

If it's small, then if someone could point me to the right file,
then I could attempt it.  But I suspect that a database change and
the subsequent data evolution would be a bit much for a MythTV tyro
like myself.

Regards (and thanks again for the great program),

Ed Clark