[mythtv-users] Playback stuttering with 0.3.x ivtv drivers

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Sun May 15 03:22:26 UTC 2005

	I am in the process of installing my new hd3000. I currently
have 2 pvr-250s and the hd3000 cards in my system. As part of my
research on this, I read that there might be a problem between the
hd3000 drivers and the ivtv driver, unless the ivtv drivers were 0.3.x.

	So I got the 0.3.4m drivers from at-testing and they all (ivtv
and hd3000) load fine. The pvr-250s work fine with one small exception:

	The problem only happens when watching LiveTV. Basically, the
sound and picture hiccup for a moment several during the initial 2
minutes of watching live tv. At the time this happens, I get this
message in the frontend log:

2005-05-14 12:00:10.962 prebuffering pause

	This also happens with the 0.3.4o ivtv drivers. However, while
I had the 0.2.x drivers (from Axel's site), this did not happen at all.

	It seems like a ivtv driver issue, so I am wondering whether
anyone else is seeing this?
--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net