[mythtv-users] {OT] Playback of recordings jittery on XBox

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun May 15 03:47:44 UTC 2005

I've just got xbmcmythtv working with my 0.18 back end. Originally I
had bt878 cards in the backend which recorded MPEG-4 files which don't
seem to be playable by the xmbc mplayer. So I changed them for some
DVB-T cards which record in MPEG-2.

Now I can play the files from xbmcmythtv but the playback of audio and
video is very jittery which makes it pretty much unwatchable.

The network is a 100Mbps rnuning over an ethernet switch with only 2
or 3 PCs on it, so surely that shouldn't be a bottleneck?

The recordings are being accessed over samba. I was wondering whether
that could be an issue. Does anyone have any ideas what might be
causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Phill