[mythtv-users] Pundit-R build problems.

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 15 08:01:13 UTC 2005

On 5/15/05, Xiaotian Sun <sun.xiaotian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/14/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Cool. Thanks. So what can the built in graphic's controller do in
> > terms of talking to an SDTV? What output are you using? normal video
> > or S-video? Works OK for you?
>
> I'm using VGA output to an HDTV monitor.  Read some online posts about
> hack the ati driver for the TV out.  Didn't try myself though.

The current 8.12.10 driver is easily hackable (I'm using PAL-I output
over S-Video, 800x600) to get a steady TV-Out signal instead of the
triple-stacked picture you get without the fix. However, I have got an
annoying vertical band of interference (moves left to right at about
1Hz) using this driver currently (not sure if it needs a dedicated
modeline to fix this) and so hope ATI finally pull their socks up and
release a non-crippled driver for the Pundit-R userbase.

For details of the hacks and other useful info, check out
www.rage3d.com and their linux driver forum.

Nick