[mythtv-users] Time Warner & Firewire

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Mon May 16 05:55:20 UTC 2005

Scott Alfter wrote:

>Tom E. Craddock Jr. wrote:
>

>>When I say local office, I mean the office where you can pay your bill,
>>and they should also have hardware (cable boxes, DVRs, Cable Modems etc)
>>there as well.  If no one at the counter can help you (which they wont),
>>tell them youll be sitting in thier lobby and they need to find someone
>>that knows what your talking about, as if they dont you will be filing a
>>complaint with the FCC for non-conformance; make sure you mention once
>>again theyve had almost a year since the regulation when into effect. If
>>the office youve been going to is no help, they SHOULD have another
>>office somewhere in your area.  Either go to one of them, or call them up.
>>

>I've heard something about the existence of an FCC rule to the effect that
>cable companies should've had FireWire-compatible boxes long ago, but when I
>went to a Cox office a couple of months ago, the people at the counter had no
>idea what I was talking about.  It was a branch office in downtown Henderson,
>NV, which might have had something to do with it.  I might have better luck at
>their main office (the main office is closer to home, but the branch office was
>closer to work), but if I head down there to swap out this box (it has a couple
>of FireWire ports on the back, but they don't work), is there something
>somewhere I can print out to get a fire lit under them if they balk again at
>coughing up a FireWire box?
>
>  _/_
> / v \ Scott Alfter (remove the obvious to send mail)
>(IIGS( http://alfter.us/            Top-posting!
> \_^_/ rm -rf /bin/laden            >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-225A1.pdf

That is the document I brought in to the customer service center.
Reference page 50.  I'm going to further skim through for other
references for my next visit tomorrow, and I think I'll print the
document in full text this time at work tomorrow morning.