[mythtv-users] Character Mapping Samsung VFD

John Hannan jhannan at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:34:03 UTC 2005

Hi:

I have an Ahanix d.vine mce601 case with VFD (samsung 2x16, parallel
port).  I'm trying to get the VFD working with mythtv 0.18  on fc3 but am
running into some trouble with the character output.  Some of the
characters are not mapped correctly.  For example, when the output
should read 'Watch TV' I instead get '>,$Wetgl$TV$'.  I may also have
some problems with text scrolling (writing over itself).  I've tried
changing the delay parameters in LCDd.conf but this hasn't helped.
Have tried different parallel port settings in BIOS (ECP, EPP etc).

I'm running lcd proc 0.4.5 and my LCDd.conf file is below.

Anyone with a working Samsung VFD if you can share your LCDd.conf or
mods to hd44780-charmap.h I'd appreciate.

thanks,
John

[server]
Driver=HD44780