[mythtv-users] PVR350 recording issues

Greg geflatt at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon May 16 20:54:56 UTC 2005

Mike Geisterfer wrote:

> Here's an interesting problem.
>
> Did a search (Google and myth users) but no joy....
>
> I moved my MythBox (mythtv 0.18/ivtv 0.2.0rc3j)  from development to
> production (office to Home theatre area)
>
> The PVR-350 (tuner 0) has a "wave" through the picture (Only in Live
> TV and recording), It looks like signal strength issues but if I
> change to tuner 2 (PVR-250) it's clear.  The picture is clear on
> MythTv menus. (I use the 350 to output to TV).
>
> I've checked the cabling to the cards, no change ... It seems to be
> the card.
>
> So the PVR-350 records like crap and the -250 is great..
>
> Hardware
>     ASUS -A7VN8X-VM/400
>     AMD Sempron 3000+ (I know overKill - xine dvd playback)
>     PVR-350 (Problem Child)
>     PVR-250
>     Linksys WMP54G
>
> Software
>     Installed with Jarod's Guide
>     Apt-get to the latest ....
>
> Any suggestions.
>
>  Mike G.
> Looking for Joy..........(WAF)

I seemed to be having the same problem, but I have two PVR-250 cards
that have been working perfectly for over a year now. The first 'tuner
0' picture is like you mentioned, waving and looks as the the signal
strenght is low. I tried changing cable feeds and even swapped the pci
slots, but I still have the same trouble. I upgrading the ivtv driver as
well but that didn't help either... It seems weird that it would
suddenly start giving me trouble, makes me wonder if the card's tuner is
failing?

Greg