[mythtv-users] Funny commercial behavior with 0.18...

Thor Johnson glassicman at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:02:35 UTC 2005

I was hoping that 0.18 would fix the "unable to fast forward or rewind
if you transcode after commercial marking" problem I ran into under
0.17, but now I have a different and funkier behavior:

I have it set to automatically mark commercials using the "All"
option; most times it works, sometimes it doesn't.  It might be a good
idea to make the "commercial detection method" per-channel
choosable...

I don't have it set to automatically skip commectials (EZE is easy
enough, and I can see if the commercial detect went haywire).  MPEG4
recordings, 2000 kB/s, software encoded.  No filters.

Anyway, when playing the program back, when it hits a commercial, and
I hit FFWD (30 second skip), the playback will go back to between 20
seconds and a minute before the commercial start.  Repeatedly hitting
FFWD  will advance it through the commercial.  I haven't tried Z yet.

If I cut the commercials from a program, the index seems to be all messed up:
  * It doesn't seek to a P-frame, instead, the target fades in over time
  * On some recordings, it seems to bounce around instead of going to a point
  * I can no longer go into the cutlist (pressing E has no effect)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Thor Johnson