[mythtv-users] auto transcoding *some* recordings

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:16:49 UTC 2005

> > Under the recording profile "transcoder", there are more options for
> > transcoding, it seems. Can somebody point me at the part I'm
> > missing? I'm sure it's something simple, probably just in how I'm
> > reading all this
>
> The "automatically transcode" will pick the transcoder based on how
> your recording was captured. In your case, since everything is getting
> captured and encoded to MPEG-2, you will be using the "From MPEG-2"
> transcoder.
>
> --Rob

Oh, I see - there's no way to pick what type of transcoding to do?

If this is the case, does that mean that I have to assign one of
(Default, High Quality, Low Quality, Live TV) to be the automatic
transcode case? There's no way to assign that trait to a recording
group?

Should I not be adding a Profile Group at all, if that is the case?