[mythtv-users] Newbie: A few questions

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:46:09 UTC 2005

>  6) The commercial skip features sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  One
> that would be nice is if the timeline for the program (the thing at the
> bottom that says things like "1:29:22 of 2:59:55" had vertical lines to show
> the points that the advance button will jump to.  I didn't see anything like
> this.  As it is now, I just skip ahead but if it say "11:15" for the amount
> skipped then I have to go back.  It would be nice if I could see this before
> hand.  It would also be nice if, in the case where the program hasn't been
> marked for commercials yet, it the advance button simply reverted to 30
> second skip.

In the Playback options in the Setup menus, you can set commercials to
either be skipped automatcally, not skipped or to display the length
of the commercial.  Also, the 'All" commercial detection method works
the best for me, so you should check to see if you're using that.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.