[mythtv-users] Dying Backend

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Wed May 18 15:22:30 UTC 2005

Well the issue you described sounds similiar to the one I had. I could
rarely record 2 shows in a row without the backend dying. The mythweb
issue I still see, as I have mythweb installed on a different machine than
the backend. I can sucessfully connect to the backend, schedule shows,
browse my recordings, but the issue I do see is the very first web
"delete" I do -- the backend crashes. After the first crash, and the
websession is open, I can easily delete other recordings and have no
crashes.  But it sounds like your issue is the via one that I experienced
- or something similiar. My was an Athlon Sempron with a VIA 400 chipset.
The backend was really unstable. Now I'm on a nvidia chipset and have had
no issues.

Ryan