[mythtv-users] Remote receiver extension for PVR-150?

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Wed May 18 18:35:50 UTC 2005

Fedor Pikus wrote:
> On 5/18/05, Bob Cottingham <bob at bobnvic.com> wrote:
>> The cable for the remote IR receiver for my retail PVR-150 is only
>> about three feet long. Since my mythfrontend is located on the other
>> side of a wall from the TV, I need to extend the cable another 6' or so.
>> I'm having
>> a hard time finding a mini-phono extension cable with 4 poles. Does
>> anyone have any suggestions, short of cutting the cable and splicing in
>> a 6' length of wire? I'd really rather not cut the cable if I can avoid
>> it, though that is what I'll probably do if I can't find an extension
>> cable.
>
> I've just seen this cable yesterday at local Fry's, so they are out
> there. Thus guy: http://store.pchcables.com/ has some of the most bizarre
> cables you can think about, and can order some cables not listed on his
> web site if you e-mail him, so check him out.

That's a great website you gave. The prices seem pretty reasonable. I
called the phone number on the website and unfortunately they haven't seen
any extension cables with 4 poles, just three. The connector has three
black lines on it to create four poles to support the IR Blaster in
addition to the receiver. I may try a 3-pole to see if it works if I can
find one locally since I only care about the remote, but I don't know how
it lines up. I don't have a Fry's, but I do have a Microcenter. Radio
Shack doesn't have any.

Thanks for the response.

Bob C