[mythtv-users] Using ffmpeg for DVD rips?

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:42:15 UTC 2005

On the DVD Rip configuration screen, I can enter the playback command
(mplayer) and "base transcode command" which defaults to just
transcode. No arguments, myth must supply arguments itself I guess.
Can I use ffmpeg instead of transcode? Transcoding takes ungodly
amount of time, my Athlon-3000+ takes about 2 hours to transcode a DVD
to "excellent quality". I've never ran ffmpeg on that box, but on my
desktop it was considerably faster than that, so I'd like to try it.
--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net