[mythtv-users] Cannot delete recordings if slave running

Hans Rasmussen hans at hpras.gotdns.org
Thu May 19 04:49:30 UTC 2005

Hi All.

Running version 18.  I have a master backend, which is also my frontend.
      All recordings are stored on this in it's separate media directory
/mnt/media.  With this I watch live TV, occasional recording

Also have a slave backend, I do most of the recording with this machine,
  stores the recordings on the frontend/master through an NFS
connection.  Works pretty slick.  Can watch live and record at the same
time, or do 2 recordings, etc.

Here is the problem.  Since I upgraded to 18 2 weeks ago, if the slave
backend is running, I cannot delete recordings either via Mythweb, nor
the Mythfrontend.  They wont drop out of the database, nor are they
erased from the disk.  If I shutdown the slave backend, I can delete
the recorded programs just fine.  These were all programs that were
recorded before the upgrade.

Just to add to the mass confusion, not all the programs that I record do
  not show up in Mythweb, but they do all show up in Mythfrontend.  My
quick guess is that my database is pooched.  Any takers on this one.

Thanks a lot all

Hans