[mythtv-users] VGA to Component on WEGA

Barry Jett bjett80 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:54:37 UTC 2005

On 5/19/05, Eric Jensen <eric at emstraffic.com> wrote:
> Barry Jett wrote:
>
> > So I got an Nvidia 5200 with hmi cable and never looked back.
>
> HMI cable?  Tried to google it and got all kinds of funky hardware
> returned...
>
> Eric Jensen

I picked up an inexpensive Nvidia 5200 . It has a DVI-D socket with
an included DVI-D to vga adapter. I then purchased a DVI-D to hdmi
cable  for about $30 online  (Circuit City wanted $100).

The DVI-D cable connects to the 5200 ( I don't need the adapter) and
plugs directly into the Wega's  hdmi socket.  Seems I've heard this
refered to as hmi socket as well .

I still use the dongle on a windows machine and the hmi socket for my
Myth box.  The quality on both is quite good.

Barry