[mythtv-users] Weird video out problem

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Thu May 19 16:45:27 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded the video card in my frontend from a TNT2 to a GF4MX.  I
had been using a cheap scan converter to provide an NTSC signal, but since
the new card has TV out, I was hoping to get rid of the scan converter.

When I first plugged in the video card, and hooked it up to my tv, I got
signal right away.  But now, after a motherboard upgrade that was to go along
with the video card, My tv-out signal is a mess.

 For normal console stuff, I get a a bunch of diagonal white lines that are
supposed to be the text.  When I go in to the BIOS screens, I can see nearly
everything, but the screen is offset nearly 50 percent horizontally.  X
simply crashes with a signal 11 on startup.

Here is my attempted cabling:

Video card svideo port ------- svideo to composite converter ---- 4 in 1
composite selector box --- VCR --- TV.

Yes, I know its a mess, but my TV only takes RF input, and my VCR only has one
set of composite inputs.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this working?

Mark