[mythtv-users] 1920x1080 vs. 1920x1088 HDTV streams

Bernd Paysan bernd.paysan at gmx.de
Thu May 19 20:59:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

Here in Germany, I can receive two HDTV streams via Astra. HD1 which is
basically a demo, and ProSieben HD, which is free TV (the HDTV stream
of ProSieben is also "experimental", but it's now running 24h normal
program).

However, with MythTV, the results differ. HD1 works fine (at about 80%
CPU load with my Athlon64, mostly due to the non-DMA xv transfer with
the current Xorg over AGP). ProSieben HD has problems. I get lots of
Messages like the following:

[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]invalid cbp at 19 2
[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]ac-tex damaged at 67 6
[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]ac-tex damaged at 66 67
[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]skiped MB in I frame at 25 67
[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]invalid mb type in I Frame at 1 19
[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]invalid mb type in I Frame at 1 20
[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]invalid mb type in I Frame at 1 21
[mpeg2video @ 0x2aaaabaff790]invalid mb type in I Frame at 1 22

The main difference is obvious when switching from ProSieben to HD1:

2005-05-19 22:41:44.184 AvFormatDecoder: Video has changed from
1920x1080 to 1920x1088.

Apparently the 1920x1088 mode is decoded fine, while the 1920x1080
doesn't. Both ProSieben HD and HD1 work fine with the Windows software
from the vendor (the card is a TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-S card). MPlayer
seems to have the same problems with recorded streams, so either the
stream is broken when recording, or MPlayer suffers from the same bug.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/