[mythtv-users] Greater Toronto Area

Andrew Nash julesgabrielverne at gmail.com
Sat May 21 01:38:43 UTC 2005

Okay...I have tested my system again, and determined, that 1 of my 2
'250' tuner cards does not work on Channel Cable 6.
Now, in Fedora Core 3, Myth .18 and the latest ivtv drivers (and latest Nvidia)
my 'newer" Hauppauge card does NOT have sound on Cable 6.

Here is the lspci (with my comments added)

***This one is my tuner 1** the date on the sticker on the tuner
module is 2000***
00:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-250
        Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]

***This is my tuner 2** the date on the sticker on the tuner modujle is 2002**
00:0d.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR 250
        Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]

**tonight, to solve the problem, I moved the cards between different
pci slots, and changed the order a couple of times.
It made no effect in that "no sound" followed the "newer" card.

Now my setup is that the "newer" no-sound on 6 card, is Tuner 2.
That way if the only show taping is cable 6, then Tuner 1 will handle
it, and therfore give me sound.

I've heard that on a wishlist somewhere, is the ability to say "record
certain channels on a specific tuner" .. I don't believe it exists
yet.

Is there anything "behind the scenes" that i can do to force Cable 6
to always record on tuner 1? (i.e. fiddle with priorities somewhere in
Mythtv?)

...My friend predicted that if a card was to be the blame, that is
would be the "new" card!
Weird...
... Andrew (Toronto)

--